Prospecting – is made simpler with Launchpad CRM
Generating new leads is the life blood of any business. Regular prospecting ensures your sales activities don’t come to a grinding halt as the law of attrition works against you as your existing customer base naturally erodes with time.
Further, without prospecting your sales will decrease so it is important to constantly search for new customers to replace the attrition as well as to grow your sales.
Prospecting is hard and time consuming, and there is a perennial debate about whether inbound marketing or outbound marketing is most effective. (In truth, the answer very much depends on your market vertical and how your customers expect to find your products).
Prospecting i – Inbound Marketing
Inbound marketing is a great way to convert visitors into new customers. Launchpad CRM supports this in a number of ways;
- Placement of code inside your website allows visitors to be tracked
- Once a visitor provides an email address then you have an understanding of their journey through your website and may be able to identify what interests them most
- This enables you to use Launchpad CRM’s auto-responding email campaign manager to send them nurturing information which they will find useful.
- Taken together with Beacon Analytics and Business Rules modules, this enables you to better interact with your prospective customers – leading to higher likelihood of conversion.
Inbound marketing produces great results for visitors to website, or you already have their contact details…
…But how do you reach out to potential customers that don’t even know you exist?
No matter how much you spend on advertising, marketing and PR there will always be a huge number of businesses you can’t reach using these passive techniques.
Prospecting ii – Outbound Marketing
Launchpad CRM simplifies the identification of potential new customers through a powerful research engine. By applying one, or more filters, thousands of potential customers in your chosen field of interest are presented. You can refine and narrow these down to meet the specific characteristics you’re targetting.
Filters are available for;
- Industry sector and subsectors,
- partial name match,
- geographic location by country and city,
- partial address match,
- type of legal entity,
- minimum and maximum employees, and
- a partial match against a company’s description of its service or offerings.
Included as part of a complete response is, wherever available, a list of all known employees and their contact information, Including job titles.
Additionally, with the click of a single button all of the available information is immediately converted into account and contact information.
Another “outbound” feature is the “Tender Search” tool which permits keyword search of public contract opportunities. Again the results are able to be captured with a single click as Accounts, Contacts and an Opportunity.
Now you’ve assembled a list of prospects and analysed them for priority you just decide how you are going to contact them; by phone? by email? using direct mail?
Whichever you decide to use, Launchpad CRM will be there to keep track of the status of each opportunity and help you to see – at a glance – where effort is required to close sales and keep your business on track.
Prospecting – Food for thought
In your current CRM tool; how long would you or your marketing support personnel be spending on these activities?